Monday, April 19, 2010

BFBC2:You Knew it

Battle Field Bad Company 2Everyone has been blasting the internet over the past months about two huge FPS games that are out right now and arguing about which is better.  I own both Modern Warfare 2 & Battle Field: Bad Company 2.  Both copies I own are for the Xbox 360 and therefore I will not be able to speak on any other platform.  I want to get this out of the way; both games are GREAT in their own ways and in no shape or form are these games the same.  Enough about MW2 because after all, this review is about BFBC2.

BFBC2 is an awesome game that has grabbed me by my shirt and pulled me fully into the game.  I have played the campaign twice and it's really good.  The campaign IS short...don't think you're going to be spending 4 or 5 weeks working your way through it b/c that's just not the case unless you only play for about 20 minutes at a time.  What is so good about the game is that unlike some other games, there is a variety to the campaign missions and they don't feel like they are just thrown in because they needed something new.  The vehicle missions in BFBC2 are really well crafted and generally a lot of fun.

On to multiplayer.  What can I say?  This game is a top contender and can, in many ways, beat the socks off all the other games out in the market right now.  The game has some serious physics in place and I love the "real world" affect that gravity has on your shots.  The game actually take some skill to play.  You can't just shoot AT or NEAR an enemy and get a kill due to the game having "glitches" that allow for some offsets.  The maps are well thought out and they are huge.  These maps yell, "investigate me!".  So far Dice™ has released all DLC for free.  This is how it should be done.  You shouldn't be asked to pay $60 for a game and then in 6 months be asked to spend another $20 on it just so you can play with everyone.  If you are going to mandate that players have to have it then you should have it out for free.    Is this game perfect?  No.  No game is ever perfect but I feel that this game comes fairly close to being the most balanced game in a long time.  Now, if we could just deal with the M60 being the new "golden gun" then we would be GREAT.

FINAL RANK: 8.5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment