Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Yoono Desktop

For a long time I've used social networking sites such as MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter.  However, generally speaking, using those sites involves the user opening up three tabs in their browser and moving between them in order to use the separate sites.  Obviously this isn't the easiest way to us the sites for what they were meant which is easy open sharing of information.

I've search high and low for a software package to fill the need of putting everything in one place at one time.  And I've always found a major problem with them that has pushed me away from using them.  In steps Yoono Desktop.  This application has worked flawlessly since I installed it and configured it about 6 months ago, and it has done exactly what I wanted...streamlined the way I use social networking.  I no longer need to open up a browser to write a status update or read what my Facebook friends are doing.  Yoono allows me to launch the desktop application and read all the updates it's aggregates from the networking platforms I have provided.  IF, there is something I want to take a closer look at I have the option of opening the information in either a Yoono "browser" or in the default web browser (Firefox..fyi).  I can post updates to all my social networks via one interface, or I can select which ones will receive the update.  The software runs in the task tray and has some notification settings which I promptly turned off because I was tired of being notified about every tweet.  If I had to pick a drawback for this software I would say that the fact that I can't "manually force" a refresh of the information is the only thing I have against it.  If you are looking for social networking aggregation you should NOT pass this software up.  I give it an 8.0 out of 10

PSA- I am in no way affiliated with Yoono or it's parent/subsidiarity companies.  I make all scores and or comments based on my honest feelings and belief.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chris - thanks for the post! Glad you are enjoying the product. We do get users requesting a manual refresh capability and it's something we're considering adding. For what it's worth, we maximize the frequency based on the limitations of the services themselves such as twitter.

    Thanks again!

    Todd Pringle
    VP, Product Marketing @yoono

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you..really informative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] you haven’t read my review of Yoono Desktop, I have been looking for a good all-in-one social media application to manage all my social media [...]

    ReplyDelete