Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Growing up: Sucks/Rocks

So the other morning after I had actually woke up and had been moving around a bit, I realized something, Growing up sucks and rocks at the same time.  My priorities have changed so incredibly much just in the past year that I hardly know who I am anymore and they continue to change at an alarming rate.  I no longer want to go hang out until all hours of the morning.  It is extremely rare if I am able to stay up past 1 am anymore and is a rare occasion when I do not wake up before 7:30 even on the weekends and my days off.  Back just a few years ago I would stay up till 3 or 4 in the morning without even thinking about it and wake up at noon and I wouldn't even bat an eye while doing so.  Now if I sleep past 8 I feel like I've lost so much of the day.  I know that sounds so odd but that's honestly how I feel.  If my Grandfather were around he would be laughing his ass off and telling me, "I told you so."  All of those times he professed that I would change as I got older and grew up and I kept promising him "It will never happen to me."

All of the sudden I find myself caring about the future and I mean further out than this coming Friday night and what we are going to be doing.  I keep thinking about 5-10 years into the future and where I want to be both physically and financially.  In the past I never really gave spending money much thought.  Generally if it was something I wanted then I went out and bought it without a second thought.  However, over the past two years I have seen myself become very particular with my money, which is to say that I've become a "penny pincher."  I have made an art out of talking myself out of purchasing things.  I can leave the house fully determined to purchase whatever it was that I wanted...and by the time that I reach the store I am left wondering why i even came because I've completely talked myself out of my "need" for it.

It is very surreal to me because I never thought I would be this type of person and it is somewhat scary for me.  Since I never thought that I would actually be the way that I am I can't even imagine what the future holds for me.  All I can do is hope for the best and do my best to prepare myself for whatever might come.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think it's awesome. Although 4 years ago when I was going through the initial realization of "the change" I didn't think it was all that cool. But now.. it's rockin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah well, all the change can be hard to take and understand but I'm starting to fall in love with it.

    ReplyDelete