Sunday, June 16, 2013

First Father's Day: Bitter Sweet

So today marks my first Fathers Day!  This morning, I got the best gift ever...Elizabeth snuggled with me in the bed and laid her head down on my chest and shoulder and just looked at me.  I swear that little girl melts my heart and turns me into mush.  I'm so thrilled and yet there's a twinge of sadness in the back of my mind.

No one ever plans for it to happen and unfortunately it happens to more of us than it should.  "We" lose our parents far too soon.  I keep wishing that my Dad was around to see my little girl and to play with her.  To teach her all the things that I'm sure I'll forget and to be a GREAT grandfather to her.  I know for certain the he would have been head over heels in love with this little girl and she would have been spoiled rotten by him.  Of course, my mother has taken it upon herself to spoil her enough for the both of them...lol.  This child is surely loved there is no doubt of that.  


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Cameron. I have a question about your blog. Could you email me when you get chance? Thanks!
    cameronvsj1@gmail(.)com

    ReplyDelete